Musculoskeletal (MSK) disorders include a variety of conditions that effect the muscles, bones and joints of the human body affecting everyday activities. MSK conditions are extremely common and tend to increase with age and currently account for approximately 30% of all GP consultations and are the most common reason for repeat appointments with a GP.
The Andover MSK Service is designed to triage, assess and support patients who present in General Practice with an MSK problem and ensure that this is done by the right person at the right time.
Our overall aims are to;
- Improve the outcomes for patients with an MSK problem
- Ensure patients are assessed by an appropriate specialist clinician at the right time
- Ensure patients are given the most appropriate advice and guidance to support them to manage their own condition, thereby reducing inappropriate use of services
- Reduce unnecessary referrals to secondary care
- Minimise the waiting times for patients requiring assessment for MSK problems
The service is in its design stages and will initially support the patients registered to any of the Andover Practices.
Appointments are available every Wednesday between 09:30 - 18:00. These appointments will be held at Charlton Hill Surgery, Andover. Appointments are booked by your GP Practice Receptionist, appointments are available to any patient registered with one of the following Practices;
- Charlton Hill Surgery
- Andover Health Centre
- St Marys Surgery
- Shepherds Spring Medical Centre
- Adelaide Medical Centre
Local community groups and services to help improve your
health and wellbeing. General health and/ or specific conditions catered for.
Check out our current vacancies and sign up to our future opportunities mailings. Never miss out on the perfect job.
Would you like to join the Mid Hampshire Healthcare Patient Reference Group?
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Other NHS Websites